NEWBORN BABY PHTOGRAPHY
Newborn photography is one of the most challenging aspects of my photography and one of the most rewarding. Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of photographing many newborns and have gathered a lot of helpful tips for “Moms” to make their baby’s first photo session an enjoyable experience.
- If you are looking for those adorable “sleeping baby” photographs, you should have your newborn photographed before he/she is 14 days days old. After that two week period it is more difficult to get them into those adorable poses.
- Plan the session so that when you get to the studio you can feed your baby and he/she will be satisfied and sleepy.
- Plan the session on a day that you do not have any other commitments. You will be exhausted.
- Allow more time than scheduled. I only book one baby in the morning and one in the afternoon. The sessions usually run longer than expected. Especially if your baby is older than 14 days.
- Do not bring any siblings to the photo session. Your baby is going to need all of your attention. Best yet, do not bring anyone to the session who is not patient.
- Expect your baby to wake up several times and need to be put back to sleep.
- We keep the studio warm for newborn photography so dress comfortably.
- Bring yourself a change of clothes, naked babies poop and pee and your clothing most likely will get soiled.